AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Linked Adwords and Analytics - also need to embed Adwords code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If i embed the analytics tracking code with e-commerce options, and the analytics account and adowrds account are linking together. 

my question is, if i need to embed also the adwords code into the website or it enough only the analytics code as they are linked together?

thank you

Matan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author מתן ש
September 2015

Re: Linked Adwords and Analytics - also need to embed Adwords code?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes, as long as you do not import conversions from Analytics to AdWords, AdWords will not count conversions from Analytics.  In this case, you will set up a separate conversion in AdWords. 

Situation 1 - Google Analytics (GA) Conversion not imported to AdWords (AW) - you will not see GA conversions in AW. You will set up a separate conversion inside AW, and you will be able to see both GA and AW data in Analytics. 

Situation 2 - GA Conversions imported to AW - Here you will see GA conversions in AW also and AW will rely on GA conversions for your optimizations. 

No matter whether you set up conversions separately in both interfaces, have one only in AdWords. Either the one imported from GA or the new AW conversion. Do not keep both in AW. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi There,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

It depends on how you want to take things forward. If you have ecommerce enabled in Analytics, your AdWords and Analytics Accounts are linked together, and you have also implemented Conversion from Analytics in AdWords. Going with a conversion setup in AdWords on it own will create duplicates. 

You will have two conversions in your AdWords Account - one that you bring from Analytics, and one that you setup inside AdWords. In most of the cases, the same conversion would be counted individually in AdWords and in Analytics. As a result, the system will be counting the same conversion twice. 

It will also affect every metric inside AdWords that depends on number of conversions and its values, for instance - your cost per conversion. 

So, the best approach would be to use one - either Analytics ecommerce conversions or the conversion that you set up in AdWords. 

Also, you would see difference in number of conversions between AdWords and Anlytics, even when they would have same conversion goal. To know why it would happen, you should read about attribution differences. 

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi

Thank you for the reply.
What do you mean by "..implemented Conversion from Analytics in AdWords.."
The goal setup in Analytcis?

I have e-commerce enhanced enabled in Analytics i don't need to setup goal for e-commerce sells only to newsletter or other things that i want to track... , the adwords account is connected to analytics, so my question is if all the conversion of goals and e-commerce will transfer to adwords also?

i don't want to create duplicate conversions so i wont install the adwords tracking as its already connected to analyics, i just want to know if the goals and e-commerce will be transmitted to adwords as well or only goals? or only e-commerce?

Thanks
Matan

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matan,

You already have ecommerce feature set up in your Analytics account, so you already have conversions in Analytics. 

Now you have two ways to setup conversions in AdWords, either import Analytics Conversions or set up a conversion in AdWords by installing a separate code.

If you do not want to use AdWords conversion, import your Analytics Conversion here, and do not setup AdWords Conversion. If you want to have only AdWords conversions for AdWords and Analytics Conversion for Analytics, do not import into AdWords. 

If you choose to have both, it will count duplicates. 

If you ask me, I personally prefer AdWords conversions, as it updates faster and gives better insights. You can read more about how their reporting can be different

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, i think im starting to make sense of it,

please correct me if im wrong:
If i connected the analytics and adowrds in analytics , analytics will count the conversion of adwords as well, but i need to connect analytics and adwords in adwords also and than adwords will take the conversions from analytics, is this correct?

Thank you for all your help
Matan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author מתן ש
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes, as long as you do not import conversions from Analytics to AdWords, AdWords will not count conversions from Analytics.  In this case, you will set up a separate conversion in AdWords. 

Situation 1 - Google Analytics (GA) Conversion not imported to AdWords (AW) - you will not see GA conversions in AW. You will set up a separate conversion inside AW, and you will be able to see both GA and AW data in Analytics. 

Situation 2 - GA Conversions imported to AW - Here you will see GA conversions in AW also and AW will rely on GA conversions for your optimizations. 

No matter whether you set up conversions separately in both interfaces, have one only in AdWords. Either the one imported from GA or the new AW conversion. Do not keep both in AW. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha