AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Language targeting

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

I am running my campaign using English, French and Dutch in the language targeting option. I want to know via which language I get the most conversion. How can I get this report? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Language targeting

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
The best approach would be creating separate campaigns for each language.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Sayem,

Please let us know how you are targeting, either separate campaigns for each language with ads written in the corresponding languages and regions also or just one campaign.

Best approach is separate campaigns for different languages where you will be able to change some setting along with geographic (which can be changed at campaign level only) and you can get the campaigns data in the main adwords statistics. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Please bear in mind that Google does not translate your ads, or keywords and that if you target all three languages together you might very well have a scenario where a french speaker runs a search in French and gets served an ad in English - or Dutch... and then the ad will take them to whichever landing page you have specified - which will be in your default language.

What seems logical to us on the surface, is actually quite complex when you start to think about it.

As @Thomasz_C suggests, breaking your campaigns up along language lines is the ideal solution - this way you can be sure that the French searcher sees a French ad and then lands on a French page on your website. Mixing up languages is one of the best ways to get people to abandon your page.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Sayem,

You might find a similar conversation here helpful; https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Reports-Segment-by-Language...

But the long and short of it is, there is no way to segment out this data in AdWords when it's in one campaign.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
that good