AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Language Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Is there a way I can pull a performance report by language? 

Thanks! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Language Report

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Maya,

I suppose you target either one language or another in each campaign. In that case I would rename campaign names to something like EN-something and FR-something. So then you can filter easily by language. Or you can use labels to label one language somehow and other language differently. Then in dimensions you can see report by labels.

Alex

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Maya M,

Unfortunately Segmenting by language isn't readily available as a report. However, there's a bit of workaround that might help.

If you have multiple campaigns targeting different languages, you can split them per location and language (France - English and France - French for instance). Then you can understand campaign performance based on language performance from the usual campaign report. This would also ensure appropriate language ads are served to the right audience (French user in France sees a French ad for instance) and also allow a dedicated budget.

If your products/services/budget don't allow such a structure, you can use labels in ads. This would help you identify multiple language ads when you pull a report.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this. Is there something i can do when all of my ads are in English, but i target to 4 different languages?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
I'd suggest splitting the campaign based on languages, as labeling wouldn't work in this case.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
understood. thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You may also find that you can get more useful information through Google Analytics using segments... just a thought