AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords or queries entered by users in a particular location?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know the keywords or queries entered by users in a particular location. "Dimensions" gives # of clicks etc. by location, but is there a way to find out those users' queries or KWs?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keywords or queries entered by users in a particular location?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I dont think you can do that in adwords but if your adwords and analytics accounts are linked then you can do that.

Navigate to Audience>>Demographics>>Location, Then apply advanced segment for paid search and add secondary dimension as keyword as shown in screenshot below

citykw.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, onbeta.

As you seem to require three dimensions (search query, keyword, and a geographical one), you can only achieve that by using the Analytics API, and only for queries that generated clicks.

There may be another way to achieve that through the AdWords API, but I am not familiar with that.

Such an Analytics report is this one: http://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/explorer/?dimensions=ga%253Akeyword%252Cga%253AadMatchedQuery%252Cga...

It shows you keyword, search query and country, and filters for source = google and medium = cpc (AdWords) and keywords which do not contain the symbol "(" in them, such as (content targeting).

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Nik. That sounds like a straightforward way to do it. I will connect the two accounts and follow your directions. Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

Thanks for that link. It's a great tool, and not just for my present purpose. I wasn't familiar with the API, but now will look into it.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You're welcome, onbeta. It's indeed in the "best things since sliced bread" category, and I'm not joking. I can't stop using it since I discovered it.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.