AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Tool competition rate

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've just discovered a small number "hiding" under the competition rate in the Keywords tool. It is between 0.01 to 0.99, as seen in the screenshot. It obviously measures the competition rate, but what do the numbers represent? What is a competition of 99%? What is a competition of 22%?

Thanks

Arnon

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords Tool competition rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Arnon; 

The number shown next to the "competition  level" (low, medium, high) represents the competition  ratio, defined as:

•  The number of advertisers worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472679

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Arnon,

In simple way, this is the index to show keyword competitive level. If one keyword has a competition of 99%, i'll see it has a very high competition, and ofcourse it higher than the number of 22%.

Google also splits it into 3 level: low, medium, high in competitive data.

Rgds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I would like to know how the competition number calculated.

What does 0.14 mean and how did they work it out ? Is it in us dollars ? Is it from 100% ? Is the number of people from 100 ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@dongnq,

Do you know where the limit for each ratio is? In other words, from which number upwards is the competition considered "high"? (0.7? 0.8?). Same for Low and Medium...

Thank you very much in advance Smiley Happy

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.