AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Not Displaying Stats (Clicks/Impressions)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Everything seems to be working just fine with my account except for none of the keywords are showing impressions or click data. I can see the overall totals at the bottom, but not for the individual keywords. Any idea what I'm missing?

I've managed multiple accounts before, but this is the first one I've been added to the account and not created from scratch. I've got admin access so I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Brant B

just want to confirm we are talking about the Adwords interface, and not the Adwords section of Analytics. Is that correct?
Is there anyway you can share a screenshot of this, and just blur out any sensitive data?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Brant, 

Along with what @David K asked I would like to know Which type of campaign it is? 

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's a link to the screenshot: Adwords.png

Of course the keyword rows are the same all the way down the list...all zeroes. It's the AdWords interface -- not Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Neha -- it's a "Search Network only - All features" campaign. Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Brant B

Thanks for sharing that.  You have impressions sorted low to high. So all the null values are going to appear first.  If you click impressions again, it should sort it to show you what's accruing impressions.  The arrow should be pointing down.

It could be there are a lot of deleted keywords and even more keywords than you currently have "show rows" set to in the bottom right corner. What that means is there could be another page of data.  I'd try changing "All Keywords" to "All but removed keywords" and see if that doesn't change things.  Also set your "show rows" to max which is 500.   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did all three of those and still don't have any stats. My budget is done for today with a CTR of 9.02% so things are definitely working, but I think I might need to call in to someone to check on the account because I've never seen such a thing before. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help so far!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Brant B

In the screenshot you shared, I believe the date range is "this month."  What is the search term report showing?  After you did those 3 steps, how many keywords are in this adgroup in question?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's now showing 136 keywords (across all 3 ad groups) out of 500 rows. The search term report is showing the searches that are performed and the ad group that was used, but the keywords are still nothing but zeroes. Do you think it has anything to do with dynamic ads? That's the one thing I don't remember doing in past campaigns for other clients.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brant B
January 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Brant B

That has to be it. Those ads are based on website content/categories.  You view results in search terms, not keywords. You might want to segment these type of ads in their own ad group.