AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Conflict

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hello All,

I am facing a problem and am 100% sure will get solution here.

Two adgroups are there in my campaign for exactly same keywords in different match types:

1) Adgroup Broad Match : All keywords associated with this adgroup are in Broad Match types.

2) Adgroup Exact Match : All keywords associated with this adgroups are in Exact Match type.

Now Under Keyword diagnosis tool I see a warning:

Suppose For Keyword: contact adwords

Adgroup Broad: contact adwords (This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword: [contact adwords] > Campaign> Adgroup - Exact Match

To resolve conflict I added [contact adwords] as negative at adgroup level in Adgroup Broad Match.

Now Warning chaged to Negative Keyword [contact adwords] is stopping your ads to trigger.

Smiley Sad I have been using negative keywords at adgroup level since long but never seen this kind warning before. 

The solution i see is that to create a seperate campaign for match types but i don wanna do this. Please suggest!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neha Gupta
September 2015

Re: Keywords Conflict

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi NehaGupta,

The campaign is performing the way it should be and you don't really have any problem at all.

Your exact netative is preventing the keyword diagnosis tool from showing your keyword in the broad campaign due to the exact negative match is is using to test it.

Your broad match will be triggering on a lot of other terms but not the exact match query.

If you edit the query in the ad preview and diagnosis tool (when run from the keyword speech bubble) you should be able to see your broad match being triggered.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neha Gupta
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi NehaGupta,

The campaign is performing the way it should be and you don't really have any problem at all.

Your exact netative is preventing the keyword diagnosis tool from showing your keyword in the broad campaign due to the exact negative match is is using to test it.

Your broad match will be triggering on a lot of other terms but not the exact match query.

If you edit the query in the ad preview and diagnosis tool (when run from the keyword speech bubble) you should be able to see your broad match being triggered.

I hope this helps

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks Purefuzz for the prompt response! So, I do not need to worry at all and i can use negative keywords at adgroup level like am doing?

Edit: It may be coz now keywords trigger ads for near exact and phrase match queries too?

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Adam,

I am still facing the problem. Actually I am seeing the warning 

Showing ads right now?
No
A negative keyword ([contact adwords]) is preventing your ad from showing. What can I do?
QS 7
And when I see search query, Under column Added/Excluded it's showing both Added Excluded, Please see the screenshot...

Thanks
Neha