AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword planner doesn't allow me to access keyword research

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I used to use the keywords tool a year ago, I understand that it is now part of adWords.  Every guide I have encountered for doing keyword research claims to log into adwords and click on "tools" up top and choos "keyword planner".  I don't have that bar with the "tools" menu item.  All I have is a page that wants to gather information/banking etc. from me.  it reads at the top  "about your business>Your first campaign>Billing>Review| "

Can't a guy just do some keyword research?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword planner doesn't allow me to access keyword researc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm... It should be there;
Are you logging in with a user ID (email address) which has an administrative privilege?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure about the admin privledges.  Maybe my account is not fully set up yet? If so ... I don't understand. Why would I have to give my banking account number or credit card number just to do some keyword research?  I've posted a screen shot of what my screen currently looks like.  I stopped giving information right when google started asking for banking information.  Please advise; thanks.

Google_AdWords.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't know if you need to fully set the account (including billing) to get access to the keyword planner. In any case, until you activate a campaign Google will not charge you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It appears so only because I can't access anything but this intrusive page. This is really, really weak. Having to input banking information just to do keyword research.

Google is getting really intrusive, but I'm not surprised. Here's what I think their plans for world domination entail:

STEP ONE: get everyone hooked on their "free" stuff.
STEP TWO: try to force all users into all their services and collect as much personal information about them as possible
STEP THREE: do what ever google wants because they own everything you use and all your data

I think at this point I'd rather shell out $100 for a non-google third party service to complete my keyword research to be honest.