AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword not being credited for clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, everybody

I got a nice campaign running, with one successful conversion so far. Lots of clicks have been made and reflect under a specific ad (it's the only one in that campaign). However, when I click on the keywords tab, no keyword has any click associated, so I fail to see how my keywords are performing when it comes to clicks.

Anybody could pour some light into this?

Thanks,

Daniel.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword not being credited for clicks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps you're targeting both the search network and display network for that campaign?

If the click has happened via a placement (a website on the display network) it will attribute the click to that as opposed to a keyword.

When viewing your campaign list, directly under the list of your campaigns, you should see  a row for "Total - search" and "Total - Display Network"; is the click on the row for the display network?

Ryan.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Ryan

Well, yeah, but it says: "There are no placements in this ad group. Click "+ Change display targeting" above to start adding placements to your ad group", so I thought that it wouldn't run that way, and my ads were targeted only for keywords.

It appears under "Managed Placements" with a pretty vague statistics underneath. Is that correct? If so, it's so vague I don't see the point in using display networks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

You're correct.

With the display network you need a number of impressions per placement for you to see the stats per individual placement and performance.

My suggestions would be to pause the display network for that campaign and focus on the search network (search results on Google). If you wish to try the display network you should create a separate campaign for this so you can manage it independently from your search network campaign.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi DanielDPI, further to Ryan's comments, I'd just say that the statistics from the Display network can be very far from vague but it does depend upon the exact nature of your setup, which isn't known to us.

In general the Search and Display networks tend to have different functions in terms of advertising.  There are products where it's appropriate to use both (although as Ryan has said, I'd always run them as separate Campaigns) but it's probably more common to find that you use either the Search network or the Display network - at least when advertising the same product.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits