AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner Avg Monthly Searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to find new keywords, I am using the keyword planner tool .

With these new keywords I want to split up their search volumes month by month. I have achieved this in the past by changing the date range however, when I do this now, it doesn't break it down.

I do not often use this tool, is there something I have forgotten?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cherie B
July 2016

Re: Keyword Planner Avg Monthly Searches

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Cherie B

no worries.  When you click download, you need to check "segment statistics by month" and it will break it down for you in the spreadsheet.

segment.jpg

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Cherie B

By default it's set to the previous year.  Each new suggestion will have a graph icon in the "Avg. Monthly Searches" column.  When you hover over that with your mouse cursor, it will bring up bar graph broken down by month for that suggested keyword.

I also used the date range tool to isolate a specific month, and it broke it down for me fine. I have attached some screenshots so you can see what I am talking about. Do you not see the same thing when you do it?

flowers.jpgmonth.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I completely forgot to mention that I was talking about the spreadsheet that I export from these results.
Previously I have managed to get 12 months worth of search volume data split up by month.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cherie B
July 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Cherie B

no worries.  When you click download, you need to check "segment statistics by month" and it will break it down for you in the spreadsheet.

segment.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much,
I don't know how I became blind to that