AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner Avg Monthly Searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to figure out why the average monthly searches for any given keyword or phrase is now returning multiple sets of average monthly searches. It is very confusing now to tell how many searches there are.

First, I am targeting the US and Las Vegas for "pizza delivery" as an example. Under Breakdown by Location Las Vegas averages 12,869 average monthly searches and the US averages 2,608,621 monthly searches, however in the table below the graph it shows that there are 74,000 average monthly searches.

So, which one is right?

keyword tool shows multiple sets of average searches

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Planner Avg Monthly Searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the US averages 2,608,621 monthly searches for "pizza delivery", and Las Vegas averages 12,869 monthly searches.

Then what is the 74,000 average monthly searches from???

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I noticed this in the past. Then I downloaded the entire suggested keywords and I added in excel the column "Avg. Monthly Searches (exact match only)" for all the suggested keywords. It turns out that the estimates from the graphic present a total of all the suggested keywords , not just for your typed keyword.

Try downloading the table with all the keyword suggestions and do the same , I bet you will see a total of searches for all keywords of 2.621.490

On the other hand I do not know why hoovering over the blue circle gives you that message of "All locations 1,202,990" . Maybe someone else has a clue about this.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

For your second message, the 74.400 is the total of searches for all targeted locations , just for the typed keyword. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I can't replicate the results. What Geo locations are you targeting?

I get the 74,000  avg. monthly searches for the whole USA (exact match)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’