AdWords
783 members online now
783 members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Lists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Day All,

I have been running an image campaign for the last few days. the summary campaign shows i have 200 clicks but when i attempt to view the keywords that generated the click none are visible. Any thoughts ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Lists

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You should check did you target sites for placement with keywords?
And you can`t find out which keywords are used in search when landing in page where your add is shown.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi XSM G,

Welcome to adwords community. You are talking about display network campaign with keywords targeting. Please correct me If I misunderstood your question.

To evaluate your ads targeting go with this link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404178?hl=en

Hope it helps you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Keywords on the display network don't work in the same way as keywords in search... with search you add a keyword, and (more or less) if someone searches for that keyword your ad can be triggered.

With display it's different... no one searches on the display network so there is no search term with which to match a keyword... however, by selecting keywords you are basically tewlling Google - "I'd like my ads to appear around content on websites that talks about this..." and Google will display your ads on sites whose content match your keywords.

These sites are your placements..... and you can run reports to see which placements were triggered by your keywords (and other targeting criteria if you have any other selected).

You can select specific placements to bid on exclusively, or more (or less) aggressively... just as you can exclude placements if you don't feel they are a good match for your audience.

Perhaps the best approach is to leave your placements open - i.e. without any targeting at first, and then use the reports to determine which placements are working or not once you see the results.

Google's placement tool will also giver you some good starting points - as well as some ideas as to which sites you should perhaps exclude immediately since you know they will not be a match.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
+stickleback, great explanation, i wanted to say the same, but I was in the rush and I tried to get everything in few sentences.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi XMG,

Let me add more to what Steve already explained so beautifully. 

You are using Image Ads, so I believe you already know that you are  using Google Display Network this way.

In Display Network Ads, you won't see the list of keywords unless you add them as targeting for your ads. In the image below you can see that you have multiple targeting methods in Display Network ads. If you have not specified , you will still be able to see where your ads appeared. You can see this under Placement section. You can also check the demographic details under demographic section. However, if you have specified other targeting methods like Topic, Interests, you can find the details under their respective sections. 

Campaign Management – Google AdWords.png

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+