AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Details report question

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I've been using the Keyword details report to find new keywords to exclude from my campaigns and ad groups. Very helpful!I wish it included all search terms, not just those that include clicks (am I missing something?)

How do I use the information in the column labeled "added/excluded"? Right now two exact match keywords have Added showing in that column. The rest say "None."

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fnippy
September 2015

Re: Keyword Details report question

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Fnippy,

As far as the 'Other Search Terms' are concerned, Google outlines some details about these here:

"These search terms resulted in impressions (and sometimes clicks) for your ads, but they aren't listed individually in the "Search terms" table. Clicks and impressions for search terms are included in this row if both of the following are true:

1. - You didn't receive any clicks on this search term within the last 30 days (from someone who wasn't blocking their referrer URL).

2. - The search term wasn't entered by a significant number of people.

Also, clicks and impression data for search terms entered within the last 24 hours will always be in the "Other search terms row." Check back later to see these in the search terms report."

The Added/Excluded information will tell you if you have the keyword already in your account or if it has been added as a negative KW.  This doesn't take into account match types employed on keywords from your account so a phrase match KW may trigger a keyword in your report that is not listed as added.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You're in for a treat so Smiley Happy

If you go to the Keywords tab in any of your campaigns, select the "keyword details" dropdown menu and select "All", you will see ALL keywords.. super helpful.

You can add them directly to your campaign from there by selecting the keyword checkbox and clicking "add keyword" above.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, but I must not have been clear about what I'm asking.

I was already selecting All from the Keyword Details drop down menu. Once the results come up, it looks as if every search term in the table has at least one click (Most have only 1 impression and 1 click). Then there is a listing at the end of the results for "Other Search Terms." I want to know what those Others are because the vast majority of impressions fall into that line.

Also, I still don't understand what the "Added/Excluded" column means. There is no little question mark to hover my mouse over for a quick tip. Right now it's showing for two exact match keywords.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fnippy
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Fnippy,

As far as the 'Other Search Terms' are concerned, Google outlines some details about these here:

"These search terms resulted in impressions (and sometimes clicks) for your ads, but they aren't listed individually in the "Search terms" table. Clicks and impressions for search terms are included in this row if both of the following are true:

1. - You didn't receive any clicks on this search term within the last 30 days (from someone who wasn't blocking their referrer URL).

2. - The search term wasn't entered by a significant number of people.

Also, clicks and impression data for search terms entered within the last 24 hours will always be in the "Other search terms row." Check back later to see these in the search terms report."

The Added/Excluded information will tell you if you have the keyword already in your account or if it has been added as a negative KW.  This doesn't take into account match types employed on keywords from your account so a phrase match KW may trigger a keyword in your report that is not listed as added.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks so much. I think it's interesting that most of the keywords that are listed have 1 only impression, so I guess Google considers that a significant number of people in some contexts, but not others. Smiley Happy

I'm a pretty small fish compared to others here, so I appreciate the help I get on this forum.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Fnippy,

No problem at all.

I've worked with both smaller and larger accounts and can understand where you're coming from.  We're all here to help, there is no judgement here, we're all small fish in the Google pond.  haha

Another thought for you about seeing more terms. 

The Opportunities tab will allow you to 'analyze competition'.  You can drill down in the information there to some other search terms that did not generate clicks.

Glad to help!

-Tom