1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Key Words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All.  I hope someone might be ble to advise on this.

My site has been online for a while & I know Google must have picked up on it as it is gradually moving up the pages.

I have quite a bit of competition in my sector, but for the most important search terms, my site does not appear anywhere.

My problem is that I have had no site visitors yet, so I have no Google Analytics data. 

Is there any way of finding out which keywords Google is picking up from crawling my pages?  I think I could probably do wth adding a few more keywords, but didn't want to do this yet if it was not necessary!

Thanks in advance.

Re: Key Words

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Set up Webmaster Tools (link).

You can use this to see what keywords Google is picking your site up on, provides average position for each keyword and you can look at the change in positions over time.

It's free and simple to set up.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  Thank you very much for getting back about this Smiley Happy I already have a Webmaster Tools acount set up.  Do you know where about the keyword information is?  Thanks again.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure.

if you've just lgged in:

1. Click on your website name
  2. In the left hand navigation bar click Traffic - Search Queries

You will then be presented with the search queries that your website is showing for and the positions. If you click the button that says "With change" it does a comparison of how your positions have changed over the prior period.

Again, I hope this helps.

Ryan.