AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Key Word Search Terms Report

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Why is it that on screen, I can sort this report, but the various columns.  Get the views that I want, in the order that I want.  THEN, when I download the same data to a PDF, there is no discernable sorting order....  ARRRRGGGGg....

Thank goodness that I have 2 monitors so I can see the data that I need.  Unfortunately that I can't download it....

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Key_West_Expres
September 2015

Re: Key Word Search Terms Report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I sort it once it is downloaded and open in Excel. I freeze the top two rows; click the column I want to sort, and sort by largest to smallest. This gives me the same order as if I sorted it in AdWords. You can of course sort by smallest to largest or alphabetically dependent on what your needs are. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Key_West_Expres,

Have you tried downloading the report into excel and manipulating it there before converting to PDF? 

Just a thought.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Key_West_Expres
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I sort it once it is downloaded and open in Excel. I freeze the top two rows; click the column I want to sort, and sort by largest to smallest. This gives me the same order as if I sorted it in AdWords. You can of course sort by smallest to largest or alphabetically dependent on what your needs are. Hope this helps. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Key_West_Expres,

In addition to above suggestions, u gotta apply FILTER once download and open it in Excel.

Thanks,
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and ideas.  I just feel that it is an extra step, that should not have to be performed in order to get what is needed.  GA shows on screen exactly what I want, even with a cute little graph.  Why then is that exact same data/report reformatted into a different format? 

Since a PDF is for the most part a non-manipulatable form, then why change what was asked for?  If I download into csv, then format anyway that GA wants....

Just my 2 cents..  And probably worth that much too....