AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

It's 2014 - The problem is Call Fraud, not Click Fraud!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is 2014 - mobile searches have surpassed PCs; the problem is not click fraud, its call fraud! Google appears not to be keeping up with its own success; mobile searches are quickly out-performing PC searches and detecting and protecting against fraud by using IP addresses no longer works, at least not for those of us paying way more for click to call. I'm running close to 30% of my calls show durations of under 30 seconds and many of those are 0 seconds. This is obviously my competitors committing call fraud - not click fraud. Somebody else must be having this problem? Please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: It's 2014 - The problem is Call Fraud, not Click Fraud!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bob.
You will only be charged for the CLICK part in "click to call". If the forwarding number is called directly, you don't get charged. The click event MUST happen. As such, the standard IP address based invalid click detection works just as it normally does.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dave,

Thanks for the response, but the problem is that my competitors are click
the call buttons in my ads, on their smart phones, then hanging up. The
dimension's report often show '0' seconds and many more under 30 seconds, of
which I am charged for every one. These calls are definitely not conversions
or even potential clients. It seems to me that if would be fair if Google
would be willing to consider calls under 30 seconds as 'invalid clicks', and
not charge for them.

I don't think anyone is calling my forwarding number directly, I don't know
how they'd even find it.

Look forward to your comments.

Regards,

Bob

Orange County Bail Bonds

www.bailall.com

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Bob,

Your reply was edited by a Community Manager to remove personally identifiable information. As per Community Guidelines ( http://goo.gl/nOqJBi ), we ask that users be careful not to post any personally identifiable information such as phone numbers, email addresses, AdWords account IDs, etc.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!