AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Issues with Tracking AdWords in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 1
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

I have successfully linked my Adwords and Analytics accounts so that I can access Analytics through the Adwords interface. However, I am not seeing any evidence that my GA recognizes my Adwords activity. My keyword report is showing activity for (Not Set) which suggests that the Adwords clicks are unrecognized. I am also not seeing any sign of my campaigns or  ad groups in the "Campaigns" section of the Analytics left nav...little help?

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum.

Senior member, ScottyD replied: 

How long have you had the two accounts linked? If it's been less than 24 hours then what you are seeing is normal, you should start seeing statistics once you have passed the midnight mark for whichever time zone your accounts are set on.
I actually experienced the very same as you last night and there is evidence that both are linked now.

Top Contributor, petebardo added:
Also keep in mind Analytics will only track dat going forward form the date of linking your accounts. No historical data will be recovered.
Best of Luck!

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Issues with Tracking AdWords in Google Analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It sounds like you linked the two accounts, but make sure you have the 'Apply Cost Sources' option checked at the account & profile level in your analytics account as well as enabling 'Auto-Tagging' in AdWords under 'My Account > Preferences'.

Data Sources - http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=1009620&answer=1319096

Aut Tagging - http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033981