AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with tracking ad campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created HTML landing page for Magento based e-commerce website. Now i've used URL builder to track this campaign, but my issue is i can't seem to find a way to track conversion, or rather analytic is not showing any conversion. Landing page has 2 products and they are directed to website where the products are listed. Buyer has to add the product from this page and proceed to one page checkout stage. Whole purpose of creating an HTML landing page was to remove Menubar distraction, so ill list my questions here now.

1. Was this a bad idea or rather a wrong one?

2. Is there a free tool which i can use to track this process?

Re: Issue with tracking ad campaign.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ashish S,

Can you confirm in your Tools < Conversions reports within Adwords, if your tags are "verified" and/or displaying "no recent conversions"?

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.32.26 PM.png

You want to make sure that you have included your conversion tracking code effectively and it is firing on the correct page (/thank-you.html or product checkout page). Troubleshoot by downloading the extension Google Tag Assistant.

Secondly, if you have your Analytics and Adwords accounts linked up properly, check out the bounce rate for your ads. If you are receiving HIGH bounce rates then you might need to re-tweak your ad copy, targeting, and/or add negative keywords to your campaigns (if this is a Search Campaign) so your keywords aren't being triggered by irrelevant search queries. Research your Search Term Report to find out the exact search queries.

Start troubleshooting with these suggestions first and update this forum with the outcome.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy