AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is this a real award issued from Google? Google’s Innovation Champion?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am just wondering if Google issued this award to ReachLocal. "ReachLocal Wins Google’s Innovation Champion Award in Canada"
Here's the press release: https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/11/29/893506/0/en/ReachLocal-Wins-Google-s-Innovation-Ch...

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick G,

The net is swarming with fake press releases, however, this one seems genuine. I base my opinion on globenewswire's US Alexa rank which is 13,878.  Scam artists typically use fake "news outlets" by the thousands, with much worse US ranks of course.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I couldn't find any information about the award and couldn't find any previous winners. Anyone can pay to have a press release, the press release site doesn't care if the info is accurate as long as they are getting the money. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the award before or where on Google they list the winners, or if ReachLocal made it up.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I tend to think you are perhaps correct. I have been here in the forum, was invited to Googleplex a few times, but never heard of that award. However, Google has grown vary large and I also think a good Alexa rank in the US may entail some responsibility. That's not sure, of course.

Anyway, the question proper is close to what we call off topic in this community, we typically discuss questions associated with AdWords management and not Google prizes.