AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is this a good optimization technique - removing by bounce rate?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at google analytics.. i see bounce rates of paid keywords. Is it a good practice to remove/pause or at least, bid lower, on keywords that have more than 70%+ bounce rate assuming that they get more than, say, 10 clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is this a good optimization technique - removing by bounce rate?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Taewoo,

It's up to you where you may want to set the limit, i.e. 70%+ br or 85%+ br. Good thinking in this respect at you end, and I'd say: yes, it's sort of best practice. However, always have a glance at your ROI values they may overwrite any logic.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

I have to agree with lakatos when he says you need to look at your ROI.

You might have a high bonce rate but if a lot of the remaining 30% are converting for you, they could still be fantastic keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taewoo

If you for instance have a retail site, you can use bounce rate as a guiding line for your optimization but other factors play in as well eg. ROI as pointed out by the others. 

But you can also have a website where a bouncerate of 100% or close to it is acceptable - if an NGO has a information page on a given subject and your keywords leads the people to the site where they get the information needed on one page, a high bounce rate will be fine. So it really depends on your site..