AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any negative impact of using campaigns URL builder

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running search network ads with many keywords for my project. Now I want to track how good or bad my each keyword and landing page ad is performing. So that I may get selected keywords which my provide me good business leads on less investment. While doing search for this on Google I found a tool name - Campaigns URL Builder which uses some terms like Campaign Source, Campaign Medium and Campaign Name and genetarte a new ad URL for our landing page which is trackable on Google Analytics and provide more good details.

But I have a doubt in my mind that does these new generated urls with Campaigns URL Builder safe to use from on-page SEO or any other term like canonical issue. So can you clear my doubt and have any example of your ads that you are running by using Campaigns URL Builder to track results. (OR have any other option)

Amit Verma

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Verma
September 2015

Re: Is there any negative impact of using campaigns URL builder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

As per my understanding, campaign URL builder is actually good to use when you are using some 3rd party tools to track your leads and doing some integration with your 3rd party software for your AdWords campaigns.

Personally, I prefer using this URL builder to track my other advertising campaigns apart from AdWords: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

That's because you already have an excellent option of Auto Tagging where you don't have to stress out and make the custom URLs to track them inside Analytics for AdWords. It is automatically taken care of.

I don't think there should be any SEO related issue if anyone using Campaign URL builder. It is only meant to track the data for Google Analytics.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Verma
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

As per my understanding, campaign URL builder is actually good to use when you are using some 3rd party tools to track your leads and doing some integration with your 3rd party software for your AdWords campaigns.

Personally, I prefer using this URL builder to track my other advertising campaigns apart from AdWords: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

That's because you already have an excellent option of Auto Tagging where you don't have to stress out and make the custom URLs to track them inside Analytics for AdWords. It is automatically taken care of.

I don't think there should be any SEO related issue if anyone using Campaign URL builder. It is only meant to track the data for Google Analytics.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for clearing me doubt Smiley Happy

Amit Verma