AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there an option to only see Search Stats?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

as most of my campaigns are targeting both Search and Display (recommended by Adwords) would there be a way for me to see the Stats for the Search Network only? Display stats mess up lots of stats (Views/CTR/Clicks etc)

Thank you,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wicked
September 2015

Re: Is there an option to only see Search Stats?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

By using segement feature you can view stats by network. Campaign Tab > Segment > Network . You will view data broken down by nework (Google Search & Google Display). 

For multiple reasons it's always recommended to segregate search and display campaigns. With Adwords Editor you can quickly duplicate the campaigns. Link - http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/

Sanjana

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you! For some reason I have a feelings Adwords tries to hook my Search Campaigns up with their display features within the same Campaign.

Do you have a link explaining the reasons to split them up?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Splitting out display and search campaigns is a common strategy adopted by many experienced advertisers. There is no hard & fast rule to split the campaigns. However, it is primarily recommended for the below reasons:

1. Easier to analyze, monitor and report search & display network performance.
  2. Controlling how much budget is spent on each network.
  3. Better keyword segmentation for search & display networks as the audience are entirely different.
  4. Targeted messaging based on different audience segmentation.
  5. Ability to independently use search & display features (display campaign optimizer,..)
  6. and more....

Here is Google resource related to splitting search  and display campaigns - http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2789667?hl=en&

Best,

Sanjana