AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to link AdWords to Analytics and limit the data shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if there was a way to link AdWords to Analytics and limit the data shown in analytics. 

For example not showing the cost of campaigns in Analytics.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to link AdWords to Analytics and limit the data sho

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kerry,

Below is the link that will guide you through linking Adwords with Analytics:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Also check below Adwords Community post:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/AdWords-data-in-Google-Analytics-account-...

After you have linked Adwords with Analytics correctly, you will get the Clicks, Cost, CPC etc. data in Analytics and can check by browsing to Acquisition > Adwords > (check all the data here).

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish,

Thanks, I know how to link the two together, I was just wondering if there was a way to stop the AdWords cost showing inside Analytics.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kerry R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Kerry.

There's no way to link AdWords and Analytics and obscure AdWords cost data.

Can you tell us why would you want that to happen? If you're representing an agency and want to give access to Analytics to your customer, please be aware of Google's third party policy (http://goo.gl/GjeP6D) which clearly states the following:

"At a minimum, you must provide your customers with monthly performance reports that include data on costs, clicks, and impressions at the Google advertising account level. When sharing Google advertising cost data with customers, report the exact amount charged by Google, exclusive of any fees that you charge."

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Kerry,

As I understood after you have linked accounts, you don't want to show adwords spendings in Analytics.

To choose what data you want to import, you must disable gclid (auto-tagging) in adwords settings and tag your ads manually using tracking templates.

Cheers. 
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,

We are an agency and we do give our clients all of the above data.

However other agencies have access to their analytics view and we do not want other agencies to see certain data.

Thanks,
Kerry

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kerry,

As explained by Calin, you can not hide/remove any columns from Google Analytics.

As a workaround, you can rather create Customized Reports. Here you can select any columns that you want to include in your reports and hide any columns that you don't want to show.

Regards,
Ashish

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I see. That's a pretty difficult situation. What you may do though is create a different analytics account or property and use that for data sharing between you and your customer alone. Sadly though you cannot see any historical data if you do that.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.