AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to find the particular sale, which was recorded by adwords conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone

There is one question I'd like to ask.

Is there any way to track the particular conversion from adwords?

For example I have 1 conversion (1-per-click) and 2 conversions (many-per-click) at a particular range of date. Is there any way I could track down those sales, so I could test if there were two orders from the same client or there was not.

Since I have an e-commerce site with all the details of my customers and I track only sales maybe it is possible?

Analytics and Adwords data is not the same in this situation. Analytics show only one conversion at the same range of date from the same Campaign.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to find the particular sale, which was recorded by adwords conversions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zygissimo,

It is very difficult to match a particular conversion to a specific transaction on your eCommerce site. Google has designed the system this way in the interest of privacy of the user.

In your case, you should be able to figure this out, though, becuase of the low volume. Your 1-per-click and 2 many per click converson are likely the same person. The one-per-click conversion happens when a person clicks on your ad and converts the first time. The many-per-click conversions happen when that person returns to your site and converts again within the 30 day window.

I go to the ecommerce reporting, then choose "paid search traffic" as  a segment. That will show all one-per-click conversions, but not the many-per-click. Then I look at the multi-channel sales funnel data. You can get a good idea of what happening, but not exact data.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Is there a way to find the particular sale, which was recorded by adwords conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I've already tried that. And the particular client, who made the order and that order was recorded via GA did not make the second order.

So basically there is no way to track down the orders. Because the volumes are low in short date range. It becomes impossible to filter the data and compare it between GA and Adwords Covenrsions if the volumes are bigger.