AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to assign a particular Conversion to a campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a number of conversions which have been imported from Analytics.

I would like to know if there is a way to assign a specific conversion to a specific campaign. I have a campaign which should only be tracking conversions based on the sale of products. But I am worried there could be conversions being tracked against this campaign for other conversions also.

I hope it is clear what I am trying to achieve here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daryl W
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to assign a particular Conversion to a campaign?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community

That depends on how isolated the page of the conversion is. If the conversion is the completion of a form directly from an isolated landing page that can be found only through a click on the Ad of a particular campaign, then yes you can see that conversion being triggered only in that campaign.

But since conversions are normally triggered by pages accesible to all visitors paid or organic and those pages are linked to the rest of the website, any visitor arriving from any source ( even any paid Ad) can trigger a conversion so generally no, you cannot "assign a conversion to a campaign".

What you can do from the AdWords interface is to use the "Segment" by "conversion action name" to view in each of the campaigns how many times that conversion was triggered by ads from each campaign.

However other forum members could have a different opinion based on their experience.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daryl W
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community

That depends on how isolated the page of the conversion is. If the conversion is the completion of a form directly from an isolated landing page that can be found only through a click on the Ad of a particular campaign, then yes you can see that conversion being triggered only in that campaign.

But since conversions are normally triggered by pages accesible to all visitors paid or organic and those pages are linked to the rest of the website, any visitor arriving from any source ( even any paid Ad) can trigger a conversion so generally no, you cannot "assign a conversion to a campaign".

What you can do from the AdWords interface is to use the "Segment" by "conversion action name" to view in each of the campaigns how many times that conversion was triggered by ads from each campaign.

However other forum members could have a different opinion based on their experience.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to add to Adrian's reply - to get that segmentation (by conversion name) to work you will need to add the column for Conversions (Many per click).

Having the only the one per click option active will not work....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much. Your solution wasn't exactly what I was after, but it did get me the info I was ultimately looking for.

Also thank you to stickleback for his addition below.