AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a ValueTrack parameter for Demographic data?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

With DFSA recently launched I'm trying to pass age data through our website and into our internal booking system using ValueTrack parameters which we already use extensively.

I've looked through the documentation and can't find any parameters referencing demographic data, specifically age.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a ValueTrack parameter for Demographic data?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @WillThomas,

I am not able to accurately answer this, but I suspect @AdWiser can. Hopefully, he will be able to jump in here and help us both further understand.

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WillThomas
October 2016

Is there a ValueTrack parameter for Demographic data?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello. Unfortunately, there are no such ValueTrack parameters. If you take a look at the list of parameters you'll notice that there's no "user-specific" parameter. The most specific (and the only ones related to anything else outside the AdWords eco-system, such as ad group or campaign id, placement, ad, etc.) are related to the device the user is using. But nothing age or gender related. I tend to think that a) the system does not want to reveal such personal data and if you want to know it you'll have to obtain it from your users on your website and b) sometimes age and gender are inferred, not a 100% certainty.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.