AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a Product Listing Ad Search Term Report that shows landing pages AND cost per click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're got our Product Listing Ads up and running, but we're trying to figure out a good report to help us fine tune our bids.

We'd like to see a report for each product we've uploaded through merchant center. We want to know how many clicks it got, how much those clicks cost. (It'd be really cool if this report could also show me keywords.)

Is there anything like that?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is there a Product Listing Ad Search Term Report that shows landing pages AND cost per click?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Lauren,

Welcome on board.

Heh, PLA's and reporting are in a basic stage right now.

You can't see keyword data in Merchant center. However, merchant center will show you (if you go to the products tab) all of the click and impression data at the product level. Unfortunately, you can't yet export it.

As far as keywords go, if you go into your PLA campaign and go to the keyword tab, you should be able to click on the "details" button, and see the specific keywords. If not, add a keyword, but leave it paused, and then you should be able to see the keywords you are showing up for (but not the keywords you aren't...)

Re: Is there a Product Listing Ad Search Term Report that shows landing pages AND cost per click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PLA's are only supposed to have negative keywords, so I'm not sure about adding keywords just to pause them. Plus I'd have to figure out which ones to add.

My other frustration is that I can't even SORT the product view in merchant center. We have a ton of products and if I could sort by clicks I could at least know which were doing well.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Just to clarify here, PLAs are not triggered by keywords, so adding in keywords to try and trigger the PLAs or certain terms rather than other won't make any difference to how the ads serve. However, you can add negative keywords to stop your PLAs showing for certain terms. 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I think *I* need to clarify my original request.

We'd like to see a report for each product we've uploaded through merchant center. We want to know how many clicks it got, how much those clicks cost. AND we'd like a similar report that shows which words / phrases triggered those PLAs to appear.

(I think the words / phrases I refer to as keywords may be called "matched search queries" or something similar in Analytics.)