AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is something wrong with Adwords today?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

So is something wrong with Google today?  It went through my budget pretty quickly even though I have it at rotate evenly?  They are charging me for clicks way pass my bids, what is going on?  See screenshots

tf.png

tf2.png

PPCSophie
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is something wrong with Adwords today?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sophie,

Interesting...I have a few thoughts for you.

First, do you have any modifiers that could increase your bids?  If indeed these stats are up to date, you're looking at significant bid modifications here.

Next - I think you may be confusing Ad Rotation with Delivery Method...double check those settings.  Honestly, even at $16.00 CPC if a click or two is depleting your budget, you're in for quite a challenge.

Finally, AW reporting is often delayed - I wouldn't rely on real-time data in the AdWords UI.  

I would wait till tomorrow - or much later today to verify the actual statistics as they just may not be up to date yet.

Keep us posted.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I have my Delivery Method at: Standard: Show ads evenly over time.

I have my Ad Rotation: Optimize for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions.

And that is why I reduced my keyword volume to only converting keywords because I was paying for clicks that were not converting because our landing age is is not really great for now. So I am still a little loss on why it tear my budget to shreds, when I had way more keywords it didnt do this.

BTW I just changed my ads to rotate evenly. I am flabbergasted. Also by bid adjustments for mobile are at 0

PPCSophie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Also i am seasoned PPC professional, i didnt start using Adwords yesterday, I've been a PPC Manager for over 4 yrs.
PPCSophie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Also everytime I refresh my account there is a different view! And I SAVED my column view and then now its not there! The saved column view is not there, I had to do it again. What is going on today.
PPCSophie
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Tom - I would have thought of the bid adjustment too.

Sophie - There are several places bid adjustments can kick in.

Location - Scheduling - Automated Rules - have you checked them all to see if there is a bid mod setup?

Also what type of bidding method are you using?  manual, auto, cpa?

Can't speak to the strangeness you are experiencing with the UI - things are ok for all my client accounts.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I am manually bidding because I have few keywords. I thought maybe it was the keyword bids but I lowered them all for the Avg position of 2 to 3.
PPCSophie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No automated rules or conversion optimizer on. And I excluded locations that we dont advertising and even excluded India. So I am advertising in 26 states and excluded 24, and India & Europe.

So its a little mind boggling.
PPCSophie

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

are you on a legacy or enhanced campaign?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Enhanced Campaigns, but I emailed Google support & changed my ads to rotate evenly & it slowed down a lot. I dont know what was happening but it went CRAZY this morning & I went through my campaigns with a fine teeth comb & for the life of me couldnt figure it out.

My mobile bid adjustments are set at increase by 0 btw.
PPCSophie