AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is my ad running?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just wanted to find out how to know if you're ad is running when you've just finished creating it and its status is "Approved?"  Are there any indicators?

Many Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chael A
October 2016

Is my ad running?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In the AdWords interface goto the "Ads" tab, the "Status" column lists whether your ad is in review, Approved, or has some other status.  If you hover over the "speech bubbles" in the Status column, you'll get a pop-up which will tell you if the ad is running right now.  Common reasons to not be running include being outside scheduled hours or the daily ad spend already being consumed.

There is also an "Ad preview and diagnosis tool" which is available from the Tools menu.  That is the best way to see if your ads are running, just enter a search term on that page.

Is my ad running?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad said I was approved and says it's running. When I checked it in fact is not running. Why is it not running?  

Is my ad running?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Use Ad preview tool to check the real time status of the ads within specific location.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Is my ad running?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where is "Ad preview tool" located?

Is my ad running?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Access the tools tab, you will find it at the bottom (Ad preview and Diagnosis)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’