AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to use G. Analytics Tag with Adwords purposes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

I was wondering if I need to install on a page both G. Analytics plus G. Adwords code in order to do my remarketing or simply to check my conversions or other data, or if having just one of the tags, for instance the G. Analytics tag, allows me to see the info I want in Adwords without the need to install explicitely the Adwords tag.

Thank you!

Regards,

Arturo.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to use G. Analytics Tag with Adwords purposes?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Arturo,

Thanks for posting to the Community! For remarketing, you can either use the Adwords remarketing code (found in the Shared Library > Audiences in the bottom left corner of AdWords), or if you already have Analytics code on your site, you can set up remarketing through Analytics without having to change code on your site. If you go through Analytics, however, you need to make sure to link your AdWords and Analytics accounts.

How to link Analytics and Adwords

How to set up remarketing audiences through Analytics

How to use AdWords remarketing tag

Does this help?
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,
thanks a lot for your answer. Sure it helps, although there is just one thing left Smiley Happy - What about the rest of data which is not remarketing both in Analytics or Adwords. For instance, the basic info I would want to see in Adwords (like CTR, conversions, KW Quality Score...) can I see it if the Analytics code is in place and the accounts linked? Or the opposite case: The basic info I would want to see in Analytics (Audiences, Reports, Traffic Entry sites,...) can I see that having just the Adwords code on my site? Or is it necessary to have both codes to see all those things?
Thanks a million!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arturo P
October 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Arturo,

As long as your accounts are linked, you'll still be able to see the same amount of data as you can now, whether you're looking in AdWords or Analytics. It's more a matter of how it's easiest for you to implement the code. Both options allow you to create customized remarketing lists and get full reporting!

Cassie