AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to track which particular keyword has brought which lead?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I am quiet naive to Google adwords. Please help me with below query.

I want to track keyword which got me particular lead. How can it be done?

For example: Let's say I received a Lead xyz. Is it possible to track keyword xyz which got me this lead?

Finding solution for this is very important for me. Please help!

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you can track keywords that drive leads. To accomplish this you need to implement conversion tracking on the site where you are sending AdWords traffic. Once this is complete you can view the Conversions column in the keyword reports to understand which ones are driving leads. Here are the instructions on how to setup conversion tracking: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

Hope that helps,

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the help.

I was looking for more drill down to this. I have figured it out by using tracking templates.

Thanks for taking out time to reply. 

Harshada

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Harshada

There are two ways to do this.

1. Use ValueTrack Parameters. You can use a utm parameter that says utm_term={keyword} along with the URL to track them on Google Analytics.

2. If you have Google Analytics set up, then all you need to do is link your Adwords and Google Analytics and ensure Auto-Tagging is enabled on Adwords. You will then be able to see which keyword drove your specified lead.