AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to track form conversions if the url does not change?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Is it possible to track form submissions if the URL does not hange to a "thank you" page?

I am running a campaign and the URL does not change, howver the text on the page does.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Sarah

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to track form conversions if the url does not chang

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sarah,

It is possible to place the code on click action of the 'submit' button. This depends on how your website is designed. I'd suggest getting it done by a web developer or someone with knowledge of coding.

I'd suggest using this temporarily and get URLs for each page, as features like remarketing and a few in Analytics wouldn't work effectively without separate URLS.

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I would strongly recommend to use a thank-you page;
Users would like some confirmation that the "conversation" is completed successfully.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah J,

The easiest way to do this is to return just the image portion of the AW Conversion code with the "thank you" message. That will record the conversion.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords