AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to obtain raw (not scaled) search history data for a specific term?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to get raw search data from Google trends regarding a specific search term over time? My colleague and I are looking to use the data to correlate peaks in search history with peaks in population size of a specific organism for an academic study. Our preliminary search reveals a strong signal in the data. We would be glad to provide more detail on our exciting preliminary findings and implications upon request. If you have any contact information that you could post in order to get the ball rolling, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Phillip Avery

2 Expert replyverified_user

Is it possible to obtain raw (not scaled) search history data for a specific term?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The best way to get raw search data as opposed to relative would be to understand the current volume for the specific search term and use that as a reference point. One way to get this is to use the Google Keyword Planner. This will provide an estimate of average monthly traffic: https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

The drawback is that the data is estimated and actual search volume may differ by a large margin. You could also build an AdWords account and bid on the search term for a short period of time to get a more accurate idea of what volume is. 

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Unfortunately, no. Google Trends provides only normalized figures.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’