AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to export all my keyword data for the last month but "by day"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I am working on automating some of my decisions on keywords bidding and for that I find that understanding how much money I am paying for different keywords accross time would help me.

Is there any way I can get the amount I pay each day for a given period for a keyword withouh having to export one day at a time?

I know I can do this with the API but I am still being reviewed so meanwhile I am looking for different solutions.

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to export all my keyword data for the last month but "by day"?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI Yakito,

Have you looked into using the AdWords scripts? These can be used to help generate custom reports and output to a Google spreadsheet.

If you want daily data from adwords at a keyword level you could select the date range you want on the keywords tab, then segment by time>day and this will give you info at this level. It might not be as easy to manipulate though.

Re: Is it possible to export all my keyword data for the last month but "by day"?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi! Thanks for that, I was not aware of the existence of the AdWords scirpts, I thought the only way of "interacting" with AdWords vas via its API. I will definitely will check it out, maybe in combination with Google Spreadsheets API I can get something working!

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

UPDATE: Oh, it looks you also need authorization to use AdWords Scrips, already aplied but if it takes as long as with the API Token I will need to think of something else

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Yakito,

Not a problem. It's doesn't take long for the access to be approved (in my experience) so you should be okay. I think it was 48 hours for me for a few accounts.

Good luck with it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

bee
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
bee
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yakito!

If you go to Reports on the left hand side, and run a "Keyword performance" report. Make sure your date range is for the month, but add a "segment" for day. 

Ensure you include the column "cost". 

Hope this helps, if this is not the issue, please let me know!

Bee

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks a lot that did the trick! I will mix your answer with theidea Purefuzz gave to get "real time" reports! Thans SO much!