AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is it a bad thing that I get 8 display clicks an 0 search clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I normally get about 3 or 4 search clicks per day in this ad group, today I got 0 search an 8 display. Is that bda for any reason?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it a bad thing that I get 8 display clicks an 0 search clicks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hey 

I Personally believe you shouldnt be looking at one day spike as change int the trend.

If this keeps happening over period of time then i guess you should revisit your strategy.

In the meanwhile in the search you can check if you have lost on any impression share or ad position

Hope this helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: Is it a bad thing that I get 8 display clicks an 0 search clicks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Bach wrote:

I normally get about 3 or 4 search clicks per day in this ad group, today I got 0 search an 8 display. Is that bda for any reason?

In addition to what Nik said above, I would also advice you not to look at small amount data i.e. one day or 2 days. There are many aspects to look around when you talk about search traffic.

3 or 4 clicks is very small data and cannot be taken into account for some business decisions.

It looks like you are running search and Display together. If that's the case, I would suggest you to separate them so that you can focus on search and display users separately because the behavior of these users are quite different.

Pankaj

Is it a bad thing that I get 8 display clicks an 0 search clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thats nothing, at least your not getting charged. I have a list a mile long of negative key words and it doesn't matter as I get charged for clicks that use those negative key words. Google doesn't respond to any of my contact attempts. They did at one point ask for a screen shot so I sent them one with a detailed message. They responded by asking for a screen shot??? Must smoke lots of something over there!! Thats not all, I have modified and exact match, it doesn't stop Google from charging me for just about any search phrase a person could possibly think of!!. Part of my business is the installation of Tankless water heaters. You should see some of the search terms. You could type in"Driving my Water Heater to work" and sure enough I will get charged for a click. Look, this thing is geared to make money for Google not you and I. Thier service sucks because they dont care we are just the pawns our voice means nothing. If that isnt enough Google is the mouthpiece of the Democratic party thats why they get away with murder, just like Hillary and Bill.