AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is google able to track users without a cookies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently I went to a website, then started seeing their ads across different website. Based on their url parameters, I know they are running a retargeting campaign. Then I cleared all the cookies. However, it didn't stop their ads, and based on the url parameters, they are still from the retargeting campaign! So my question is, can google track a user without a cookie? 

Thanks!

Sarah

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah O
September 2015

Re: Is google able to track users without a cookies?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sarah O

Re-marketing is a cookie based targeting method.
It sounds as if not all cookies were deleted or you revisited the site.
When you delete a cookie the advertiser's  ID (stored on the cookie) is also deleted and by that the user is  deleted from the Remarketing list;

Chrome extensions, (which  are available on chrome web-store)  which can tell you which cookie is stored on the browser  when you browse a given webpage.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’