AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is doubling the expend on my ad assure doubling the sale.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In order to now be able to withdraw salary from my business, that I had been running with my partners, without withdrawing any salary till date. So that we can continue with our lives apart from trying our hands in ecommerce business. 

What do I need to check in google adwords that gives me an idea that if I increase my marketing budget in google Adwords (search) that it would double my Sale in what proportion.

I do have other channels that I am already using for marketing, but adwords is the one that can be measured most and is giving good results. However, I am not sure if increasing my marketing spend would help.

Could someone help with what all points or reporting that can help me understand if I should increase the spend?

Chris

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris13
September 2015

Re: Is doubling the expend on my ad assure doubling the sale.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

It's really not that simple. The fact that you're seeing success--conversions--in your account is very good. This means that AdWords works for your business. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to see even more success, if you work at it. Although the numbers you've provided do suggest that there's a lot more traffic you can service, as you're already aware, not all of that traffic will be good (for your purposes).  Increasing your spend without first trying to adjust your campaign to target the traffic that works best for you is not a good strategy. 

What you need to do is dig into your campaign data to figure out exactly what keywords and searches are converting for you and which ads are performing best for you. (If you have Analytics you can get a lot more data there.) You need to build on the success you're already having to try and reach more converting traffic, not just more traffic in general. For instance, if you've been serving broad match keywords, this may be the time to eliminate those in favor of more targeted ad serving. If you've been serving Display ads in the same campaign with Search ads, this may be the time to split those out so you can target each network more effectively.

Eliminate what's a waste of time, expand on the good elements where you can, then try increasing your budget to see what happens.

Please feel free to ask if you have further questions. Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Chris13;

Not necessarily; It is NOT a linear relation / dependency. (Doubling the budge - doubles the impressions)

Let's first check what is your lost impression share due to budget;

Check the following link, and see if you are loosing ad impressions due to insufficient budget.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Here is what I have:

Search Impression Share: <10%

Search Lost IS: >90%

Search Lost IS (budget): >90%

Search Exact match IS: <10%

This is same for all my campaigns. I know its not good. When I have tried to create good campaigns, i have acheived Impression Share more than 50% but they stopped converting. These ones are converting for me.

Before I stop my business, I need to know if it could really have done well and also start paying my partners who have never taken any money till now.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris13
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

It's really not that simple. The fact that you're seeing success--conversions--in your account is very good. This means that AdWords works for your business. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to see even more success, if you work at it. Although the numbers you've provided do suggest that there's a lot more traffic you can service, as you're already aware, not all of that traffic will be good (for your purposes).  Increasing your spend without first trying to adjust your campaign to target the traffic that works best for you is not a good strategy. 

What you need to do is dig into your campaign data to figure out exactly what keywords and searches are converting for you and which ads are performing best for you. (If you have Analytics you can get a lot more data there.) You need to build on the success you're already having to try and reach more converting traffic, not just more traffic in general. For instance, if you've been serving broad match keywords, this may be the time to eliminate those in favor of more targeted ad serving. If you've been serving Display ads in the same campaign with Search ads, this may be the time to split those out so you can target each network more effectively.

Eliminate what's a waste of time, expand on the good elements where you can, then try increasing your budget to see what happens.

Please feel free to ask if you have further questions. Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Theresa covered the strategy you need to follow. I don't have much to add about the strategy;

To break it down to "action items", I like to refer to two articles, on the user articles section of the Community: (There are more articles, in this section, that you would find helpful);

What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores

Increase Google AdWords Conversions and improve Quality Score - Read these tips and watch the

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’