AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is conversion count in invalid links?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have some invalid clicks for my Adwords account, Google will count conversion from these click or not?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is conversion count in invalid links?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No and they are also removed from analytics. They are treated as if they never existed. 

Although nobody would mind if they end up in a conversion it would only be an advantage for you.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Pushpendra,

Invalid clicks are automatically filtered by the Adwords system which means that no data associated with that is available.

However, I would just like to add to what Adrian said above, Google Analytics do not filter any invalid visits just like Adwords clicks. So you might see more visits under Analytics as compared to Adwords clicks in Adwords interface.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a day with 22 clicks and 18 invalid clicks on a campaign, when compared to analytics it shows 22 clicks from the search campaign, even if the help files describes this situation as if analytics retains all visits.

Do you have any ideea in what report does analytics move the invalid clicks , do they get attributed to the organic searches ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It just occurred to me if they keep invalid clicks as visits in analytics they must also keep data about goal completions Smiley Happy This situation is a good recipe for a head ache.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, that is my questions. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I think if we look from a broader perspective, both products are different and work differently depending upon their cookie expiration days ( Adwords and Analytics). In case of Analytics, if the cookie expiration goes from 6 months to 2 years, then on the contrary, Adwords look back window is only 30 days.

So if we try to analyse them separately, there should n't be issues, however if kept them linked, then it can lead to different conclusions from different advertisers.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
If the "invalid clicker" was using a browser that allows cookies and completes a conversion (within 30 days) it will be counted. The cookie gets set with the visit, invalid click or not.

In this case, the click was not really invalid, was it?

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords