AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is This Tool Accurate?!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am preparing on running a campaign for a keyword that gets 49k exact match searches Local Search Volume.

I just wanted to know how accurate is the data in Keyword Tool as far as search volume to impression ratio?

For example if a keyword gets searched 30k exact match I should expect about 500-1k impressions on my ads per day if bidding high enough. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AdScience
September 2015

Re: Is This Tool Accurate?!

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

No, the KW tool is not at all accurate, in any regard, in comparison to actual live data. Each situation is so different, and at this point, you aren't even putting the adtext into the equation. It's just an estimate tool, it does not compare to the actual search terms KW data.

But, the SQ report only provides any data once the account has been active and running. The KW tool is a great place to begin to get some idea of what terms, or some variations of those terms, may generate some "relevant" traffic. If you expect the tools data to be accurate, then you will be disappointed. If you know what it is and what it is not, then you can effectively use the tool, for what it is. Smiley Happy

Once your campaign is active, enable compartive metrics columns like impression share. That will give you a much better live, actual, real-world idea of how much audience is available, in comparison to how much of the audience you are reaching, given all the factors of the campaign involved in determining "reach".

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AdScience
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

No, the KW tool is not at all accurate, in any regard, in comparison to actual live data. Each situation is so different, and at this point, you aren't even putting the adtext into the equation. It's just an estimate tool, it does not compare to the actual search terms KW data.

But, the SQ report only provides any data once the account has been active and running. The KW tool is a great place to begin to get some idea of what terms, or some variations of those terms, may generate some "relevant" traffic. If you expect the tools data to be accurate, then you will be disappointed. If you know what it is and what it is not, then you can effectively use the tool, for what it is. Smiley Happy

Once your campaign is active, enable compartive metrics columns like impression share. That will give you a much better live, actual, real-world idea of how much audience is available, in comparison to how much of the audience you are reaching, given all the factors of the campaign involved in determining "reach".

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello AdScience ; Welcome to ADwords Community;

As Tom Jr. Indicated the Keywoord Tool   numbers are   within a statistical error:  Meaning, that  if it shows 49K - the number of ads shown, is around this number +- a statistical range

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for that answer Thomas!

Really clarified things for me...