AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is Remarketing Script will fire for Oragnic, Direct...?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All, 

I just got stuck a simple question and I need your all professionals advice on this. 

My Question is 'Is remarketing tag fire a organic visit?'

Suppose, I have integrated the remarketing code through out the site and I have running running too. But I just want to know whether this remarketing code will fire for organic, direct or Referral visits insted of CPC. 

A great advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is Remarketing Script will fire for Oragnic, Direct...?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dejeesh

Yes, the re-marketing pixel will be fired and the user will be added to the respective re-marketing list whenever a user open that page irrespective of the source or medium from which it is coming to the website.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dejeesh
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Dejeesh. The remarketing script is a script which fires on a page regardless of the visit source. If the visitor landed there and the script successfully executes, a cookie is set and that visitor is added to the remarketing list.

What does fire selectively is the AdWords conversion script. The conversion is only registered in AdWords if there is a cookie telling the system that the visitor which converted has clicked or viewed an ad before that conversion (up to 30 days). If she clicked an ad, a conversion is registered. If she didn't, but has seen a display ad, a view-through conversion is registered.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Bear in mind that you can build segmented lists once you have the remarketing tag on your ite. If, for example, you have a number of pages that only existing members can access, then you can make a list to include all visitors who visit those pages and the exclude them from the list you use to remaket - after all you probably don't want to spend money to advertise to your existing members. In the same way, exclude people who have already completed your target conversion - or made a purchase, etc.