AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is Auto-Tagging URLs a Requirement for Conversion Revenues?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to track the revenue/cart value of all my conversions.  I understand the documentation from Google Support except I don't know if I need to use Auto-Tagging.  I am running a separate campaign where I see Total Revenue figures in Adwords but there are no tags in the keyword destination urls.  Can I track conversion values without using auto-tagging?  It seems I can with that other campaign.  I don't like the idea of weird strings of characters on all my destination urls.  

Anyone know?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is Auto-Tagging URLs a Requirement for Conversion Revenues?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you are tracking your conversions using Adwords Conversion Code, there is no need for enabling Auto-Tagging in Adwords.

If you want to link Google Analytics and Google Adwords and import your Goals from Google Analytics to Adwords, you should enable Auto-Tagging in Adwords. There is no need to add additional characters in your destination URL when you add Auto-Tagging.

Thanks,
Balu.
www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How will auto-tagging affect aspects of my account? I read that there is a string placed after each destination url.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆