AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks in Display network

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know that Google tracks invalid clicks, and the rate of such clicks is different in Search ads and Display ads. For Search I have 5-7% and for Display - 18-20%. I would like to understand what provokes so big rate of invalid clicks in Display network. First thing I see is that more than 70% of trafic comes from mobile devices, so I want to see whether all those invalid clicks come from mobile devices or it's 50/50 for smartphones and desktops. Second thing I want to see is whether invalid clicks come let's say from the same city or not. Maybe someone provokes this invalic activity for some purpose. My problem is that taking into account all great functions in AdWords account I am not able to see those two things. I can see only invalid clicks per country/per timefrane. But I can't put together invalid clicks and cities and invalid clicks and type of devices. Can anyone please tell me if there are such functions in AdWords account and I just can't find them? Or what I want to see cannot be seen?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ROBUD G
June 2017

Re: Invalid clicks in Display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ROBUD G,

If you enable the invalid interactions/clicks - either rate or count - column, the campaigns performance table can still be segmented by device using the Segment drop-down.

Capture0jun13.JPG

The same segmentation does not seem supported for cities currently.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ROBUD G
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ROBUD G,

If you enable the invalid interactions/clicks - either rate or count - column, the campaigns performance table can still be segmented by device using the Segment drop-down.

Capture0jun13.JPG

The same segmentation does not seem supported for cities currently.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply, what I see in your account is what I want to see in mine. But my account doesn't provide this detailed statistics for some reason. How can it be? Invalid clicks.png

Invalid clicks in Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, I found it, it's invalid interaction and not invalid clicks. Why Google made it so confusing Smiley Sad