AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks in Dimensions report

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I never see any data in the Invalid Clicks column of my Dimensions reports. It's always just a dash. Is there some volume of traffic needed to make this field visible? I've tried looking at data from All Time, and still nothing.

I was hoping to look at invalid clicks by location so see if there were any patterns.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid clicks in Dimensions report

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi fnippy

This might be becuase you're looking at this at too granular a level, you might want to try looking at the invalid click stats at the campaign level to see if this gives you any data. 

Also, if you're still having problems clearing your cache and cookies will help you rule out browser issues.

Hope this helps!

A. 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Alys. I think you are correct that it's not coming up because it's too granular a level. I tried the things you suggested and also experimented with other dimensions options. I can see invalid clicks for, say, day of week, but still nothing for Geographic or User Location. I really don't need to see this information drilled down beyond city (even state or region would be nice). As far as I can tell, there is no way to collapse geographic or user location data down within Dimensions. If I'm missing something please let me know.

If not, please consider this as a future feature.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi fnippy, 

Glad that helped! 

In terms of breaking down your invalid clicks by geographic location I don't think that's available right now, but it's a good idea! I'll pass your thought on to our guys here. 

Thanks!

A.