AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks and clicks mismatch

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi,

In my adwords statistics what i see is:

For one of my call only campaign,

Interactions: 43 clicks

Avg CPC:     INR 429.25

Cost:            INR 18,466.16

Invalid clicks: 44

Conversion: 01

So what doest it mean, there are 44 invalid clicks out of 43 clicks.

And if 44 clicks are invalid then what about the conversion!!

Even I have cross checked with the billing and found i was charged for all the 43 clicks.

I am not aware is this invalid click statistics by adwords is faulty or if it is correct then what about the other metrics.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid clicks and clicks mismatch

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Archit
Two things here.

First is that the data, especially the conversion data, is not fully in sync. Read this : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

Second, invalid clicks are not necessarily fraudulent clicks. Legitimate clicks can often get placed in here. Google will er on the side of caution when it is determining what it considers invalid. This is a good thing.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Dave,

The data might be updated as its the yesterday statistics. And from the link that you have shared i found the it takes upto 3 hours to update the conversion data. But now it has been more than 24 hours.

I agreed with your second statement but how it may be possible that click are 43 and invalid clicks are 44.
I just want to know whether this invalid click count is exclusive of the clicks or these are inclusive with clicks?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Archit
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ahhh, I see what you mean.
The invalid clicks are NOT INCLUSIVE. They are filtered out BEFORE they show in reports, not after.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

Hope that clears things up for you Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Yes, you picked up the exact point.
As I have read that Google don't charge for invalid clicks, and if some escapes from the filter then they get credited to the account. But I noticed that I was charged for every click and there was no refund as invalid clicks activity.

So here for my account, this count is just a data to analyse which were not charged and had been filtered before charging.

Thanks for making the doubts clear.

Regards