AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Mobile AdWords gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have following message in Analytics account:

Invalid Mobile AdWords gclid
Destination URL (mywebsite) is dropping or altering the gclid parameter from mobile clients.
At this point, your webmaster will need to ensure that the website is allowing gclid parameters to be appended to the website when people visit via mobile devices.

I knew little about gclid but why it is showing error in "Invalid Mobile AdWords gclid"

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid Mobile AdWords gclid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per my understanding, this happens when the website is not actually supporting the Auto Tagging feature and when the GCLID parameter is appended in your website via AdWords click, it might arise tracking issues in Google Analytics.

You should be contacting your webmaster to cross check and make sure that this sort of URLs are supported by your website. For example: xyz.com?gclid=TeSter-123. This should take you to the same landing page which you are using in your AdWords account.

Read this reference for more details where you will find troubleshooting steps around this issue: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2938246?hl=en

Pankaj

Re: Invalid Mobile AdWords gclid

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Is your website redirecting from desktop to mobile? Somethink like a click to www.example.com gets redirected to m.example.com? If it does, make sure that an adwords click landing on www.example.com?gclid=something gets redirected to m.example.com?gclid=something and not just m.example.com, otherwise you'll lose the connection between AdWords and Analytics (the GA script, once executed on the mobile website, will no longer credit AdWords for that click).

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.