AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Adwords Gclid Error in Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I'm working on adwords account. I track conversions with help of google analytics goals. I had changed Goal Destination URLs. After that I didn't get any conversion in adwords. But New goals are showing conversions from search, referral & direct traffic. Please help me why it's not showing conversions in adwords.

I had also seen this message in analytics: 

Invalid AdWords gclid
5 destination URLs have AdWords gclid issues.
Check group again | Ignore group | See group

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid Adwords Gclid Error in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Mandeep,

To answer the first part, it might take sometime before you get the New Goals importing option so that your new Goal completion URLs are shown as conversions inside Google AdWords.

There is also a possibility that AdWords might not have driven conversions and that's why you are not getting that option yet to import the new Goals (not the old ones).

You can yourself test this by clicking your own ad and completing the goal and see if it gets measured in Google Analytics as an AdWords goal or not.

I hope your basics are right i.e. auto tagging enabled, data sharing settings enabled etc...

GCLID issues occur if your website landing page (you are using in AdWords) is not supporting the Auto Tagging feature. Then you might need to speak with your webmaster and make sure that URLs are supported. Find more troubleshooting steps here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2938246?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj