AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Instapage and Google Adwords and Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with the following issue: we use for most of our adwords campaigns instapage landing pages. Once they click further from the instapage landing page they come to our website where they complete their transaction in the best case. I have a couple of problems here: first I see the number of conversions in google adwords but in google analytics there are not attributed neither to instapage nor cpc but end up as conversions in direct or organic traffic.

Where in this process does google analytics "lose" the instapage traffic? According to the instapage setup, I only added our google analytics UD and thats it. Anything else that needs to be done here? 

Thanks a lot in advance everyone. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katrin M
December 2015

Re: Instapage and Google Adwords and Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Katrin, how are things?

I'm not familiar with Instapage service myself, but it seems like a landing page creator, is that correct?

Usually Analytics loses the point of origin when the user migrates from one domain to another, where the google analytics code is not the same or does not exist. Even when you do have the same code applied to both domain, you should set up what's called Cross-domain tracking. That will provide both codes from different domains the same information, and you will be able to maintain your user data. Check this out:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

You mentioned you have inserted your Analytics code on the instapage service, but I guess that just matter when the user convert directly on that page. Since you said the user leave that page and go to your website, that may be the moment when the data is getting lost.

Can you tell more about how this works? Instapages are hosted on your server, or on their servers?

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Leandro,

thanks for your answer, indeed cross domain tracking solved the issue, now its working properly!

Cheers,

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Katrin,

I'm glad that helped Smiley Very Happy

Best wishes.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Instapage and Google Adwords and Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Katrin,

did you just add the analytics tracking script in the html/css header part in instapage ?