AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Inflated Conversion Numbers Since Yesterday

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I've noticed that for a lot of my accounts, we're seeing inlfated conersion numbers since June 9th. From getting 20 leads a day for one account we got 197 leads today, which would be simply awesome if true but I don't think so! Smiley Sad

For this account when I go to the conversion code screen and see the many-click numbers, it shows me only 25 for today, so I'm assuming that something is up..

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

Nikhil 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikhilM
September 2015

Re: Inflated Conversion Numbers Since Yesterday

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I posted this in another thread...

This morning [or from reading this thread, perhaps the day before] there was a nasty bug in the way we display conversions in the user interface.  The on-call engineers started rolling out a fix around noon California time and it was rolled out everywhere a couple of hours later.  Your conversions should now be displayed properly.

I should emphasize that this was only a user interface problem.  The conversions recorded in our database are correct, and the display problem in the UI should not affect billing, quality scores, CTR predictions, or anything else.  I'm not trying to minimize the problem, just to forestall some questions.

Laura

AdWords engineer

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nikhil,

First of all many congratulations to you for good results ! i think you should wait for some time because may it take some more time to update.

Hope this help !!

Regards

-Vicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also saw extremely inflated and unrealistic AdWords conversion tracking numbers on Saturday, June 9. In our case, I only saw these high conversion numbers from the Google Display Network, not from search. By today, Sunday, these extra conversions seem to have "disappeared". I can only speculate that there was some temporary problem that has now been corrected.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikhilM
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I posted this in another thread...

This morning [or from reading this thread, perhaps the day before] there was a nasty bug in the way we display conversions in the user interface.  The on-call engineers started rolling out a fix around noon California time and it was rolled out everywhere a couple of hours later.  Your conversions should now be displayed properly.

I should emphasize that this was only a user interface problem.  The conversions recorded in our database are correct, and the display problem in the UI should not affect billing, quality scores, CTR predictions, or anything else.  I'm not trying to minimize the problem, just to forestall some questions.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Laura for adding your post here. I really appreciate this information and perspective.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the update Laura Smiley Happy