AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Increase in Cost/ Conversion for contextual network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I'm handling an Adwords campaign and the cost/ conversion has increased suddenly for the contextual network in last couple of weeks.

Particularly, the cost/ conversion has increased in the duration 10.00 am to 8.00 pm (IST) -- can anyone please help me out to get resolve this issue?

I Would like to know the causes for increased in cost/ conversion.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Suyog

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase in Cost/ Conversion for contextual network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To me, it looks like a "seasonal" trend of consumers....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi MosheTLV,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think so..as till 16th of January everything was stable then how suddenly the cost/ conversion went up.

Regards,
Suyog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
HI Suyog,

I agree with Moshe, sometimes seasonality impacts on campaigns suddenly.
eg. i am generating the leads for MBA and when the MBA entrance exam declared(CAT, MAT) the CPA of mba leads increase, such seasonality tendency i have seen in my several campaigns.
If you know that after 16th Jan. your campaign CPA sudden increased, then you should to compare Placement report before 16th Jan and placement report after 16th Jan. Then you may find the possible reasons. In addition to that you always find some of the new placement sites appear in your placement report that may consume your budget only and does not give the conversion.
You can also see the campaigns change history between 12th Jan-15th Jan, it could be possible that you have changed something in your campaigns and that might impact the campaigns cost/conversion.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello Suyog,

Can you please compare the performance before & after and see apart from CPA which all metrics has dropped or improved?

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Suyog

Look for YoY(year over year) comparison for the same period,if the campaign was running last year also in order check for seasonality factor. Otherwise look for any irrelevant placements, which may start triggering your ad after the mentioned date.
Also please look for the change in Avg. CPC because minor increase in avg. cpc, could also affect your CPA.

Abhishek