AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Inaccurate view-through conversion reporting

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a strange occurrence with view-through conversions in AdWords.

The numbers for the last month are:

Campaign 1 (SNDS): - conversions 10

- view-through 69

Campaign 2 (SNDS): - conversions 1

- view-through 6

Campaign 3 (Remarketing): - conversions 2

- view-through 639

In analytics from all sources (google organic, google cpc, facebook cpc etc.)  i have 31 conversions and from google cpc only,13.

Te problem is there are to many view-through conversions and I can't isolate the problem.

Any ideas? 

90Re: Inaccurate view-through conversion reporting

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think what is happening here is that you are getting confused with conversion types, and what they actually mean when we are measuring them. Try hovering over the question marks in the Adwords interface, and reading the definition to remind yourself exactly what that metric is. View Through Conversions in the Display Network are not the same as Conversions made through Search Network.

And just to check, are you looking at "Conversions" or "Converted Clicks" for example. This seems basic but so many people make mistakes and confuse different conversion metrics.

A view through conversion is defined as: Someone seeing your ad within the DISPLAY NETWORK, without clicking through, then seeing your ad again at a later time within the 30 day cookie expiry period and clicking though, and converting.

So, these conversions are different.

ALSO for reference

Analytics and Adwords track conversions differently. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

.... sorry if this is a little confusing. Do any of these points clear things up for you at all?

Re: 90Re: Inaccurate view-through conversion reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abbie, I don't think you understand the problem I have. Converted clicks are the same as conversions 13/13 in those campaigns. I know what view-through conversions are. I don't understand why I have only 31 reported conversions in analytics from all sources and 700+ view-through conv. in adwords.

Re: 90Re: Inaccurate view-through conversion reporting

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I figure it out. In Tag Manager > Adwords Remarketing Tag > Configure Tag, in the conversion label field I had the label from AdWords Conversion Tracking and it should be blank.